Urban Agriculture in Denver:
Denver is home to a vibrant urban agriculture scene. There are many organizations working on urban agriculture in the Denver area and CSU Extension has its own projects and supports many others.
The Denver CSU Extension Office is happy to help answer any of your questions or concerns regarding urban agriculture. We can help with soil testing, crop planning, insect and pathogen identification and help with all of your questions and concerns. We can also connect you to other great local, regional and national resources.
Here is a list of other great resources in Denver. It is by no means exhaustive so please give us a call if you have any questions or concerns.
- For starting a community garden, Denver Urban Gardens is a great organization to reach out to.
- For school gardens in Denver Public Schools, the Garden to Cafeteria program may be of interest.
- If you would like to become involved in policy around food in Denver, please consider joining the Denver Sustainable Food Policy Council.
- If you need help with starting a farming business, Colorado Building Farmers is an amazing course.
- Colorado Farm to Table has great resources on everything you need to grow, prepare and eat may different types of vegetables and animals.
We look forward to working with you on urban agriculture projects!
Contact our horticulture agent, Dan Goldhamer for more information.